Monday, September 29, 2014

Too nice, too positive?

Is there such thing as being too nice or too positive/optimistic? I think not.

People have have said I'm too nice. What does that mean? Define too nice. I understand that some people may try to take advantage of the kind and humble, but that would the "nice" persons fault for allowing it to happen. You see, that saying "don't mistake my kindness for weakness" holds true on all accounts. Just because someone is willing to lend a hand does not mean they are a sucker.

Someone has even said "how can Erik be so positive? It bothers me." I feel that there is not enough optimism in the world with all the negative news being reported and constant negative issues being the focus of the media.

SO WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
We can start by saying thank you to someone who performs an act of kindness. We can stop focusing on the negative. Hold the door open for someone. Say thank you. Say you're welcome. Say hello. Give police officers/firemen/doctors/teachers credit for what they do. Do not judge ALL based on ONE experience. Smile.

"Light up the darkness" - Bob Marley

MTWABP! Make The World A Better Place
Erik B.

No comments:

Post a Comment